How it Works
Osborne’s all new farrowing and gestation stalls are designed to be long-lasting and maximize sow comfort.
Osborne Farrowing Stalls address the two most important economic concerns in livestock management and farrowing: pre-wean mortality and sow appetite. Preferred laying areas for piglets away from the sow are designed to reduce crush losses. A recessed section in the creep area accepts specific sizes of Osborne’s Stanfield® Heat Pads so that they remain flush with the rest of the floor. Sows remain cooler due to the heat pad’s placement, which helps them increase feed intake and produce more milk. The flooring under the sow is comprised of a two-piece, self-supporting cast iron system that provides sows with stability and keeps them from slipping.
Osborne Gestation Stalls enhance sow comfort and allow easier access for farm personnel to perform routine tasks. They feature a walk-through back gate and low back sides. There are no sharp edges and no floor straps for animals to lie on. Vertical rods in the front reduce nose-to-nose contact between animals and horizontal top bars provide greater strength.
All of Osborne’s stalls are powder-coated steel to maximize useful life and minimize installation and maintenance labor.
Features & Benefits
- Multiple head gates fit a variety of feeders
- Galvanized or plastic flooring options for flush or raised decks
- Adjustable rump bar for sizing smaller animals
- Solid-rod finger bars
- Recessed section of creep area accepts Stanfield® Heat Pads and remain flush with flooring
- Sow remain cool and increase feed intake
- Two-piece, self-supporting cast iron flooring system under the sow
- Walk-through back gates allow easier access for farm personnel to reach sow
- Low back sides for easy breeding and pregnancy checking
- Vertical rods at front of stall reduce nose-to-nose contact between animals
- Horizontal top bars strengthen each stall in the row
- Standard feed tubes and troughs available
|Dimensions||5 x 7 ft. up to 6 x 8 ft. (1.5 x 2.1 m up to 1.8 x 2.4 m) Other sizes available upon request.|
|Sow Flooring||Two-piece cast iron system|
|Creep Area Flooring||Interlocking plastic
Galvanized steel with recessed area for heat pad
|Stall Construction||Powder-coated steel|
|Dimensions||2 x 7.25 ft. (0.6 x 2.2 m)
Other sizes available upon request.
|Stall Construction||Powder coated steel|